Friday 29 August 2008

Baby blogging steps

This is my first blog, so I guess if there's anyone out there, I'll be forgiven. I'm Maurice Gold, originally from Edinburgh, in Scotland. I'm 56 years old, just recently married (!), and living in Bali, Indonesia. In summer 2005, my then girlfriend and I had a wonderful holiday in Bali. Later that year, she was still so impressed, (and so fed up with life in England), that she talked me into thinking seriously about having a life together out there. In late 2005, I threw in my IT job of 16 years, in a print firm in London, got married and made plans to move out.
It wasn't done quite like that really, because the "thinking seriously" bit required considering that living on air wasn't a good idea. I needed to find some sort of money-making venture. And that was how Bali Art Sales was born.

No comments: